March 13, 2010 - 9:00am to 10:30am

Mike Fossler
Visited the nest this morning and saw Al and Jim there. During the time from 9 to 10 the eaglets sat in the nest alone with "brown tip" perched on a branch above the nest. The parent flew off to the north and left the eaglets alone. Al and Jim left around 10 and within 5 minutes or so one of the parent eagles (believe it was the female) flew into the nest with food. She distributed it to all three. After 10 minutes or so she flew to the dead tree strand to the west. Attached are a couple pictures, including a "fly-by" by a hawk. MF

Re: March 13, 2010 - 9:00am to 10:30am

EagleObserver
Mike, good shots, the 2x did well, and nice treat with the hawk fly by.  As usual, when one leaves there is activity, I'm happy it only took about 5 minutes for the effect, pretty funny.  jim

Re: March 13, 2010 - 9:00am to 10:30am

Mike Fossler
Yea! Standing there by myself and seeing the fly-in within five minutes or so actually made me chuckle out loud.