Monday JAN 13 Female bringing bird to nest

Monday JAN 13 Female bringing bird to nest

While Al and I  (and reporter and photographer from Sun-Sentinel watched) the female flew to the nest with the remains of a white bird-- possibly a White Ibis). The male had been tending to the newly hatched eaglet while we were there between 1:00 and 2:00 PM. The bird was not very intact-- either it was a road kill or the female had butchered it at a remote location. (In past years the firemen and police that used the training center south on SW 208th Ave mentioned that they had a favorite tree back there where they tore up their prey.) More photos to follow when I get a chance to process them. Look for an article in the Sun-Sentinel possibly tomorrow (Tuesday).