Monday, October 15, eagle flying to Sunset Lakes at 7:40 AM

Monday, October 15, eagle flying to Sunset Lakes at 7:40 AM

Once again, Mary Lou and I just saw an adult Bald Eagle flying southeast over the bend in the unfinished section of Miramar Parkway, just where it joins SW 196th Avenue. Sunrise was at 7:21, and this was 19 minutes later. If there are two eagles occupying the nest territory, it is probably better to look for them either at sunrise or later in the day, as this appears to be a well-established habit of flying out to the foraging area quite early. So far we have not seen a second eagle making the trip, but we did see one returning towards the nest last week, carrying the fish it stole from the Osprey.