More Air Time for Hope

The chicks must have been fed just before 9 AM, as they were tearing at a bird with lots of white feathers, and both adults were roosting--one on the usual pine to the east and the other on the Melaleucas. Only a few visitors, but some were treated to the antics of Hope, who again climbed up about 3 feet on the limb that thrusts out towards the road. In this shot, Justice seems to want to ignore her. Justice does this when Hope is feeding, as well.

We witnessed no feeding while we watched, until after 11 AM.

As on Monday, we visited the West Pines Soccer Field and Nature Center on the way home. Monday, we saw these two deer.

Re: More Air Time for Hope

Jill W
Yep, she's really getting up there the past couple of days.

Nice pics!

Oh, I am out of your cards.

Jill

Re: More Air Time for Hope

Great air shot Ken, of Hope. I'd love to see the deer, you'll have to tell me where the field is located. I too have given out all your cards.

Re: More Air Time for Hope

We went back yesterday and the deer were not there-- but, here are the simple directions to West Pines Soccer Field and Nature Center:

From eagle nest site, drive about 1 mile east on Pines to the Hess gas station (SW 196th Ave, I think).  Turn right (south) past the gas station and a past the driveway to the Montessori school-- the road goes into one lane at the barrier-- make the immediate right and double back right and into the entrance road. The deer were off the boardwalk, which will be on your left, opposite the field house and restrooms. There is a second observation area over wetlands at the far south end, where I took a nice shot of a pair of Mottled Ducks and did not realize I also got a Killdeer as a bonus! (can you spot the Killdeer?)

Re: More Air Time for Hope

Trisha
Thanks for the directions, Ken. I finally found the Kildeer...but it took me a while!