More evidence that eaglet(s) is/are being fed

More evidence that eaglet(s) is/are being fed

Mary Lou and I visited the nest at 7:30 this morning and found Pride in the nest. He was actively tearing at prey and small bits could be seen as he dipped down into the left side of the nest. He then appeared to do the same more to the right. The brown needles of the fallen branch obscure much of the front of the nest. We never saw and eaglet but feel this is pretty good confirmation that one or more is present.

We returned and brought our granddaughter out to see the eagle nest a little before 11:00 AM this morning and watched until 11:35. Benjamin was already there and reported seeing that both adults were on the nest and  evidence that one or more eaglets were being fed. He did not see the eaglet. The male soon flew to roost just above and next to the nest, then flew away to the SE at 11:20 AM. The female (Jewel) remained on the nest, sitting quite high. Our granddaughter watched the nest through our spotting scope and said that she thought Jewel had something wrong with her right eye because she kept closing it and shaking her head. The photos show this as well, and the open eye looks a bit red and is not bright yellow. When open there is no sign of swelling.

Re: More evidence that eaglet(s) is/are being fed

Lisa G
Well I was there about 2 hours and seen 2 feedings and Glad we confirmed yesterday there is a Baby in the nest :) There is nothing wrong with Jewel Eye . She is very sleepy taking care of her little Eaglet or Eaglets . She did the same things yesterday .I toke over 250 pictures seen her eye closed a lot she is resting that's all :) Great shots Ken
https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Florida-Pine-Eagle-Nest-Inc/537121543002300

UPDATE !!!!    We are pleased to announce that we are now South Florida Pines Eagle Nest , Inc. a 501 C (3)  as of November 18, 2015 Public Charity Status 170 (b) (1) (A) (vi)  Employer Identification Number : 4-3116409 DLN: 26053716001635  . Donors can deduct contributions they make to us under IRC section 501 (c) (3)  If you have Donated in the last 27 months your Donation  is Tax Deductible ..

Thank you!! If anyone has questions please feel free send an email to ag2761@comcast.net