NOV 29-- No adults, one 2nd Year Immature seen

NOV 29-- No adults, one 2nd Year Immature seen

We visited the nest at about 7:45 AM this morning and watched until about 8:20 AM. No adult eagles in sight. Watched the nest for a half hour but never saw any evidence that it was occupied. An immature Bald Eagle early in its second year, flew in from the east and passed directly over the nest before disappearing to the northwest. There was no calling as might be expected if there was an adult in the vicinity. My guess is that it is one from this nest that fledged this spring.

Re: NOV 29-- No adults, one 2nd Year Immature seen

TierraLady
This is very frustrating. I went also yesterday (Fri, 11/28 at 3:40p till about 4:15p) and then today (Sat, 11/29 at 12:55p till 1:15p). No eagles on nest. :(
I might have seen the immature eagle(s) that Ken mentioned today (some raptors flew high up, way past the nest), but I'm still novice at this to make the claim. My son thought they were vultures, but I honestly don't think so. We also saw a small raptor perched on top of one of the dead tree stumps just west of the main site. We didn't have the camera, only the binoculars. :(
Diana

Re: NOV 29-- No adults, one 2nd Year Immature seen

JLD_photography
Hello everybody I found this little guy down to the Eagle nest I took 3 days ago. sorry for the delay

Re: NOV 29-- No adults, one 2nd Year Immature seen

MyEagle13
( Report from 11/29/14. am and pm )Hi ken if you want to see any adults at the nest you need to go early than that i went yesterday around 6:46am and Pride were there perching next to the nest what, 5 min later he flew by the post office and start going in circles for one min i though maybe Joy was there because he goes there very often i search around the post office area and the school area but nothing he was gone by the time i got there, i pass again by the nest at 9:40pm or so and one adult were perching on the pines as usual i didn't stop though. never saw Pride at the nest or doing restoration in the morning .
Myeagle13

Re: NOV 29-- No adults, one 2nd Year Immature seen

Beautiful Red-shouldered Hawk by JLD Photography!

Re: NOV 29-- No adults, one 2nd Year Immature seen

JLD_photography
Thank you very much