Nest Visit 11/24/19

Rockitglider
Hello everyone,

Looks like they are making great progress on the nest and are starting to remain at the nest for longer periods during the day. I also see them coming home at sundown to sleep. So there is no doubt that this is the new nest location. Here is a few shots from yesterday. Some of the pics (in the nest) are soft because it is very hard to get good shots because of the 520 feet distance from the closest place (The Beach) to get pictures. Also I tried to do the boat rental and it wasn't much help because of the high angle to the nest from the water. I see that when people go out to the island to see them by boat they are trying to get close enough to get a picture with their phones and breaking the 330 feet rule. I hope this doesn't disturb them too much. I think the best pics and observation areas are going to be behind the Woofing Waters park by the beach where they have a canoe rack. It's pretty far away but it doesn't disturb them and with binoculars you can see them good. I also took some pics with my lens set at 300mm and they were pretty good too. They should be laying eggs in the next few days to keep up with their normal time of Christmas hatchings, and the female stays at the nest a lot during the day. Fingers crossed!

Kit

Re: Nest Visit 11/24/19

Stylechick60
Excellent photos!  Thank you Kit!  So happy they are ok and looking beautiful ❣️🦅🦅

Tammie

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 25, 2019, at 9:11 AM, Rockitglider [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida] <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/Nest-Visit-11-24-19-tp7575439.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, click here.

Re: Nest Visit 11/24/19

Stephanie5056
Thank you so much

On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 9:33 AM Stylechick60 [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/Nest-Visit-11-24-19-tp7575439p7575441.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida, click here.
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: Nest Visit 11/24/19

naturegirl
Great news about the nesting anything the park can or willing to do like a roped off area and warning signs ? I know parks are loathe to tell people anything but these are still an endangered species that needs full protection (regardless of what the law says) and shouldn't the park bear some responsibility to that end ? What about Audubon and eagle watch doing something to protect them ?

Re: Nest Visit 11/24/19

Rockitglider
Hello,

They did put a fence around the other tree in the bike path. Don't know, well have to see what develops.

Kit