Nest Visit @ Quiet Waters Park 11/29/2020

Rockitglider
Hello,

Hope everyone is doing well. I think that the eagles may have decided to move back to their old neighborhood, they have been working on another nest as you can see in the attached picture in the old tree from 2 years ago, this is also the one that fell down the last time a nest fell, also from the other picture of both of them perched near the old nest tree, that they don't seem to have laid eggs yet or she would be sitting on them (she is the lower one in the picture). They usually hatch around Christmas, but it's too late for that now they will hatch later than that this year. They look good though, one more thing is that the park is closed on that end or at least the bike trail is, and we won't be able to see them with the naked eye unless they do keep building in that tree then we can see them from 10th street.

Kit

Re: Nest Visit @ Quiet Waters Park 11/29/2020

Stylechick60
Awe!  I guess they like that tree better.
Thank you for The update, Kit

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 30, 2020, at 8:44 PM, Rockitglider [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida] <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/Nest-Visit-Quiet-Waters-Park-11-29-2020-tp7575681.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, click here.

Re: Nest Visit @ Quiet Waters Park 11/29/2020

danicox
Hi Kit!  I am now holding off because I don't know where they are.  Any chance of meeting up so I can find their new location?  Should we keep watching the old location?

Re: Nest Visit @ Quiet Waters Park 11/29/2020

mitcha
As as Dec 2 2020 the pair of eagles flew into tree off the mariner, i am starting to think there are 2 sets of eagles

Re: Nest Visit @ Quiet Waters Park 11/29/2020

Hi Danicox,

I will be going there this afternoon around 4:00P (Friday) and on Saturday around 8:00A and will be starting out at the lake tree by the marina because yesterday the female was back at the lake tree nest sitting there for hours. So it is very hard to tell what's going on with them, but she is not sitting on eggs yet as far as I can tell. She was sitting on the nest at the lake tree at 5P and the male flew in and landed on the nest, she got up and they vocalized with each other, then the male grabbed something that looked dead out of the nest and they both flew off and I didn't see them after that. So if you want to meet I'll be there around those two times on the next two days, I will give you my number when we meet so we can talk without the forum if you want to.

Kit

Re: Nest Visit @ Quiet Waters Park 11/29/2020

Hi Mitcha,

There is definitely not two pairs, they wouldn't allow it, they would fight until a pair won the territory.  They do however sometimes create a second or a decoy nest in the same area, this is normal behavior. Also I have been watching these two for years and after a while you start to see certain markings on the birds that allow one two tell them apart from each other, one of these days I will do a Photo Shop picture set of the differences of the two so others can see the markings that I use to tell them apart. I don't know how long this will take to create so please don't hold me to it.

kit

Re: Nest Visit @ Quiet Waters Park 11/29/2020

Stephanie5056
Thank you so much for the update I saw the nest on Sunday but no Eagles. So now I can see them on my way to work again every day and get much better photos

On Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 8:35 AM Rockitglider [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Mitcha,

There is definitely not two pairs, they wouldn't allow it, they would fight until a pair won the territory.  They do however sometimes create a second or a decoy nest in the same area, this is normal behavior. Also I have been watching these two for years and after a while you start to see certain markings on the birds that allow one two tell them apart from each other, one of these days I will do a Photo Shop picture set of the differences of the two so others can see the markings that I use to tell them apart. I don't know how long this will take to create so please don't hold me to it.

kit

To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida, click here.
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: Nest Visit @ Quiet Waters Park 11/29/2020

danicox
Mitch and I saw them fly in Thursday around 5 and they left after that.  I will try to make it in the morning.