Nest Visits Last week & Christmas

Rockitglider
Hello all,

I have been checking almost everyday just for a few minutes each day to make sure that the nest is not falling down or something similar happening to it as this is the tree that doesn't do good with nests, and it is in the same crotch that was used before when it fell twice!

  So I got a few shots of mama sitting in cognito and then she spotted papa flying way up high and I got a shot of him flying by but it was way up there ( In the glider lingo we call it being "Specked Out") so it's not that great of a shot, then he finally came to relieve her from nest duties and gave her a rest and let her go thermalling and hopefully get a bite to eat since he didn't think to bring her anything to eat like a good partner would . The last shot is of him on the nest and then settling in for a while. Looks a little grumpy.

Overall the nest seems to be doing okay, but they will need to stay on top of it and hope and pray no strong fronts come through, a SW wind would be the worst I think. They will need to keep adding to it all season especially if they have more than 1 egg in the nest.

Kit

Re: Nest Visits Last week & Christmas

Stylechick60
Excellent Shots Kit!!  Thank you for Sharing 😃🤣😂

Sent from my iPad

On Dec 28, 2020, at 12:32 PM, Rockitglider [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida] <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/Nest-Visits-Last-week-Christmas-tp7575742.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, click here.

Re: Nest Visits Last week & Christmas

eeyoresmiles1967
Where is this nest located? I thought the nest was inside Quietwaters park