Nest Watch - Sunday 5-23-10, 9:30am to 11:00am

Nest Watch - Sunday 5-23-10, 9:30am to 11:00am

Mike Fossler
When I arrived there was a lone eaglet at the nest. I walked west to see if anything was happening (there wasn't) and when I walked back towards the nest and eaglet and parent were roosting in the Australian Pine near the road. Soon the eaglet flew off back to the nest and I noticed a second eaglet roosting just above the nest. The parent stayed in the Pine for a while and left around 10:45am.

Attached are photos of the lone eaglet I first encountered, an eaglet at the Pine tree near the road, the parent and eaglet together, the parent being harassed by pesky mocking birds, and the two eaglets back at the nest - one low, one high. MF

Re: Nest Watch - Sunday 5-23-10, 9:30am to 11:00am

Carolyn J
Nice photos, Mike. I especially like the adult and mockingbird with the mocker's wings and tail all opened up.
Nice to have an update, too. I haven't been out in a while.