Nest Watchers needed this weekend

The weekend provides a great opportunity for nest watchers to provide information and inspiration to a greater number of visitors. Steve and Annie will check the nest early between 7-9, and Trisha is scheduled to watch from 9-11 AM. Late afternoon watchers can check to see if both chicks are still in the nest. Hope will be 11 weeks old, which is the average time of fledging. She certainly appears ready!

If you can fill in, please post your time in the subject line of your reply.

Thanks!

Ken

Re: Nest Watchers needed this weekend (correction)

Correction-- Sunday is not covered after 9 AM-- Trisha is covering 9-11 on SATURDAY
G.

Re: Nest Watchers needed this weekend (correction)

G.
Hi all!! Wanted to introduce myself.  Lived in this area all my life and my mom has been active as a wildlife rehabilitator in this area since I was a baby.  I believe she actually was one of the first people to be volunteering for the wildlife center since its beginnings.  Anyhow...she raised my sister and I the same way.  I discovered "our" eagles one day as I drove by a few months ago and saw all the people watching.  Of course I was SOOO excited.  (I ramble..sorry)  I just moved around the corner from them and want to offer my time to "baby watch".  I'm pretty flexible on weekends..never during the week.  I do have things to get done, but please just give me a time you need me  and I can work around it.  I love everyone's postings and really appreciate this site.  I call it my "baby" update. (I figure one less body at the site is better for the babies.)  I'm also a teacher in some capacities and have taught my children about what's going on (as well as people I feel are open to "learning".)   O.K.  I'll wait to hear from you all.  I don't have a computer at home so I might need to have someone's phone number as well.

Re: Nest Watchers needed this weekend (correction)

Hi, "G"

At this time, the afternoons are not officially covered. Any time after 1:00 or so, even later on around 4 or 5PM are good times to watch, just to be sure that both eaglets are still on the nest. An hour or two at a time would be best, and you can post your intended hours in the subject line of new post on this FORUM. That way, others can schedule around you to assure better coverage. We would like to know when they fly off and hope that if they meet with an accident that someone is watching. They should be out of the nest within the next week or so, but may need watching if they stay in or near the nest tree, just to be sure they are flying freely and learning to stay out of trouble with power lines and vehicles.

You may contact me by e-mail at this link and we can exchange phone numbers.
G.

Re: Nest Watchers needed this weekend (correction)

G.
ok. great. i'll be there sunday night 5pm until dark. (8pm or so i'm guessing) i'll report in monday  via computer...but in the meanwhile call me at your convenience 954-383-5040 so you and i can talk and i can get your number.  i'm really excited to be able to help during this important time for them.

I'll watch Sat 5-7:30, Sun 2-4:30 Found your cards, Ken. Thanks!

Jill W

Steve and Annie will watch 4:30-5:30 PM Sat & 7:30-9AM Sunday

Steve and Annie will watch 4:30-5:30 PM Sat & 7:30-9AM Sunday

Steve called after watching this afternoon and said that both chicks were very active, and even Justice went a little ways out. Hope climbed up "6 or 7 feet."

They said their Mac computer can't read the FORUM

Re: Nest Watchers needed this weekend (correction)

Kathy
I can watch Sunday 10am to 12 noon.
live your life don't watch it go by . . .