Nest vacant this morning NOV 9 at 7:45 AM and also NOV 4 9:30 AM

Nest vacant this morning NOV 9 at 7:45 AM and also NOV 4 9:30 AM

I stopped by the nest on November 4 around 9:30 AM and watched for 20 minutes, not seeing any eagle in the nest or anywhere in the vicinity. Again, this morning, just as the rain started at 7:45 AM I found the nest vacant as I watched for about 15 minutes. As before, no other eagles were visible at the usual roosts.

Of course it is possible to miss seeing the female if she is deep in the nest, so others are urged to check the nest when you get a chance and report observations here. In previous years we have been quite successful in establishing the date the first egg was deposited simply by noting when the female sits deep and stays there for a prolonged period, only getting up briefly to change her position. We may also see exchange of incubation duties a few days after the first egg is laid.

Re: Nest vacant this morning NOV 9 at 7:45 AM and also NOV 4 9:30 AM

Maria Rosa Drake
I saw an adult eagle roosting in the malelucas Friday morning around 7:15 am and also around 5:30 pm.

MRD

On Nov 9, 2014, at 12:09 PM, NewMexiKen [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida] <[hidden email]> wrote:

I stopped by the nest on November 4 around 9:30 AM and watched for 20 minutes, not seeing any eagle in the nest or anywhere in the vicinity. Again, this morning, just as the rain started at 7:45 AM I found the nest vacant as I watched for about 15 minutes. As before, no other eagles were visible at the usual roosts.
Ken Schneider
Web site: http://rosyfinch.com
Blog: http://rosy-finch.blogspot.com

To start a new topic under CURRENT 2014-2015 Observations of Pembroke Pines Bald Eagle Nest, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida, click here.
NAML