Nest visibility (and one adult flying this morning SEPT 24)

Nest visibility (and one adult flying this morning SEPT 24)

At 7:33 AM Mary Lou and I saw an adult flying to the big lake in Sunset Lakes from the NW (area of nest). This seems to be a favored time for them to start foraging, about a half hour after sunrise.

Visited the nest around 10:00 AM and found no eagles present. The nest is barely visible from the road-- I tried several spots hoping to see it better. I am concerned because the southerly (and southeasterly) winds are common and the eagles favor landing into the wind. They also generally choose nests with long sight distance in many directions. I hope this does not cause them to abandon the site.

Please keep an eye out for evidence that they are roosting on the nest, bringing in nesting material or rearranging sticks, as these behaviors have not yet been reported.