Nest watch...Mon, 28 Dec 09

Trisha
Arrived at 8:40 am with very dark, cool skies. An adult was low in the nest....on the left corner, as before. Never saw the other adult. Only excitement was a large hawk that was flying west of the nest calling and an eagle loudly responding. I don't know if it was the adult on the nest or the mate nearby, behind the nest. It sounded like it was from behind and made the message to the hawk very clear to me- don't get any closer! For the last 30 minutes no head was visible on the nest, but it hadn't flown. I had to leave at 9:45 as the sun came out.

Re: Nest watch...Mon, 28 Dec 09

We watched from inside the car for only about 20 minutes around 8:00 AM. The incubating adult did stick its head quite high for a short time. We did not see the other eagle.