Nest watch, Monday 21 Dec. 09, 1pm

Trisha
I arrived just as Jill was leaving. I'm sure she will post her observations later.

The first thing I noticed was 1 adult on top of the usual tree in the maleleucas. The light was very poor, but with binocs I'm quite sure I could not see the brown tail feather so I am assuming that was the female. (The adult was facing somewhat towards me so the tail feathers were not really in full view.) The shape of the adult was puffier, more rounded also.

I went to see the nest and it appeared empty. I tried different locations all along the median and when I went left of the nest where there was a very small view of only the far left corner of the nest a white head popped up....facing due east. It stayed in that position for the remainder of my observation, about a half hour. I really wonder how many eggs are incubating. It would be so amazing to be able to see on a nest cam!