New to Eagle Watching, but want to help

TierraLady
I live in PP, across CB Smith. I learned about the PP eagle nest via the So FL Audubon fb pg. I'll be happy to help but may need some coaching at beginning. I could help on weekends or holidays, including this Thanksgiving long weekend. What times are best for observations? Is there parking nearby? I have a good DSLR and binoculars but I haven't done much bird watching in the past.  I still consider myself a beginner on this,  but I'm willing to learn.
Diana

Re: New to Eagle Watching, but want to help

Hi, Diana-- we can use as many observers as possible at this time. Since there are so few reports it is possible that there have been times when two adults were present but no one saw or reported it. Here was my reply to your query on Facebook:

Thanks! We could meet you at the nest site at a mutually agreeable time. Mary Lou and I would be free today until about 2:00 PM but will have a house guest through Sunday, creating an uncertain schedule.

Perhaps other watchers may be able to set up a time if we are unable to connect this weekend. I will be out hiking early this morning. Please sent me a FB message on my personal page: https://www.facebook.com/kcschneider

Re: New to Eagle Watching, but want to help

Lisa G
Welcome .. Make sure you check out Pride & Joy Facebook Page we have a lot of people on there that don't come on this board . They check the nest a lot and have seen Pride & Joy This month :)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Florida-Pine-Eagle-Nest-Inc/537121543002300
https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Florida-Pine-Eagle-Nest-Inc/537121543002300

UPDATE !!!!    We are pleased to announce that we are now South Florida Pines Eagle Nest , Inc. a 501 C (3)  as of November 18, 2015 Public Charity Status 170 (b) (1) (A) (vi)  Employer Identification Number : 4-3116409 DLN: 26053716001635  . Donors can deduct contributions they make to us under IRC section 501 (c) (3)  If you have Donated in the last 27 months your Donation  is Tax Deductible ..

Thank you!! If anyone has questions please feel free send an email to ag2761@comcast.net

Re: New to Eagle Watching, but want to help

TierraLady
Thank you all. I did as recommended.  I'm look ing forward to the joys of eagle watching ;)
I'm going to try and squeeze time today but if not today then I plan to go tomorrow Friday.
Diana