No eagles at nest OCT 31 between 10:15-10:45 AM

No eagles at nest OCT 31 between 10:15-10:45 AM

I watched for a half hour and saw no hint of an eagle on the nest, and none were in the vicinity of the nest tree or usual roosts. This means that the first egg has not been laid, as eagles begin incubation as soon as it is deposited.

Let's keep an eye out for copulation or other courtship behavior.

Re: No eagles at nest OCT 31 between 10:15-10:45 AM

MyEagle13
Ok i pass by pines blvd around 6:45pm and both parents were perching on the dead pines and when i came back around 9:40 something they were still perching there both so maybe they already start spending the night already in the nest area  I asume that the egg could be at any time starting sometime next week don't you think?
Myeagle13

Re: No eagles at nest OCT 31 between 10:15-10:45 AM

Thanks, Velinda. It's hard to predict when the eagles may lay the first egg, so it will be good to try to get frequent observations. It would be unusual for this pair to lay this early, but they have done it in late November, so who knows? I hope we can see courtship interactions so we can time them to the appearance of the first egg.