No eagles seen 10-10:45 AM today NOV 17

I arrived a little before 10:00 AM and watched the nest until about 10:45. During that time I saw no eagles in the area. The nest appears unoccupied, as we would expect to see the head of an incubating adult, and probably a change in position if eggs had been laid. Let's keep a sharp eye out for any sign that incubation has started.

Re: No eagles seen 10-10:45 AM today NOV 17

KellyHeffernan Proj Perch
Ken -

The SFAS Raptor Race is once again underway.  Who will lay eggs first, the
eagles or the burrowing owls?  Our pesky owls have built a new burrow in
the field and given their cam burrow to their juvenile female.  Last year
they laid their eggs in mid-December, so we wonder what will happen this
year.

Regards - Kelly

Kelly Heffernan
SFAS's Project Perch
(978) 412-5313

> I arrived a little before 10:00 AM and watched the nest until about 10:45.
> During that time I saw no eagles in the area. The nest appears unoccupied,
> as we would expect to see the head of an incubating adult, and probably a
> change in position if eggs had been laid. Let's keep a sharp eye out for
> any
> sign that incubation has started.
>

> -----
> Ken Schneider
> Web site: http://rosyfinch.com
> Blog: http://rosy-finch.blogspot.com

Re: No eagles seen 10-10:45 AM today NOV 17

Maria Rosa Drake
Hi,

I drive by the nest every day between 7am-7:15am and then around 5:30pm. I have not seen an eagle in about two weeks.

MRD

Re: No eagles seen 10-10:45 AM today NOV 17

Thanks, Maria-- we dropped by at about 10:00 AM this morning (NOV 18) and I checked out the nest and usual roosting places, but again saw no eagles.

Re: No eagles seen 10-10:45 AM today NOV 17

MyEagle13
It's so rare see the at least one of the adults parents spending night time at the nest area and not see them as frequently as we want at the nest during day time maybe they will laid late december it looks like they start doing restorations instead of been almost at egg laidwith a cam it would be easier see how frequently they really are coming to the nest right? I always see at one of them at night time always at same spot as I show on my pic days back.Well lets keep watching
Myeagle13