Nov 11

Liza
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Liza

Re: Nov 11

Liza

Re: Nov 11

Liza

Re: Nov 11

Liza
I was able to observe both Pride and Joy this morning,.. they sure were busy building up the nest as they kept bringing in twigs more than usual . I observed though one always stayed either in the nest or close by. I arrived around 7:30 and left at 10:30 am. When I left One of them was still in the nest. I also observed they brought food and ate it there. Seems they are settling in as one or the other would lay in the nest . So she is either ready to lay eggs or we just might have one or two already ? Also one of them has a boo-boo on the head ,. It wasn't there on Sat. as I was able to observe them for a couple hours that morning . Today was the busiest I've seen them this season .
Liza

Re: Nov 11

Beautiful photos, Liza. That does look like an injury to the head of one, possibly the female. It may just be foreign material or a stain of some kind, but it bears watching.

Also watch for courtship and mating, not reported as yet. Once the first egg is laid we can expect the female to constantly sit deep and still in the nest and not be engaged in nest-building activities. Subsequent egg(s) arrive 2-3 days apart.

Re: Nov 11

Liza
Hi and thanks Ken !! Looking at the photos it does appear to be an injury :( They were quite busy today and she would stay for some periods of time deep in the nest . I did see a few times things got heated up between them but no courtship . I will try to get out there tomorrow morning again,
This is the way she/he ? would stay for periods of time, them get up and rearrange twigs .
Liza

Re: Nov 11

Liza

Liza