November 24, 2010 Report of observation

I received this note today

Ken,

Wednesday, Nov. 24th, 2010 at approximately 1:15 P.M..
We just sighted one of the bald eagles resting in one of the melaluca trees to the west of the nest on Pines Boulevard!

We stopped our car in the open area across from the Post Office & pulled out our binoculars to get a better look.

The eagle flew off in an easterly direction after about 10 minutes.

We have been watching for them in the area for the last week or so.

Has anyone else spotted either of the eagles or an activity near the nesting site?
What a great prelude to our Thanksgiving holiday!

Laura & Ray W
Pembroke Pines

My reply:

Hi, Laura and Ray--

Yes, the eagles have been seen irregularly since around mid-October. Often there has been only one, but both have been present at times. I will post your note in the FORUM on the  Eagle Nest Watch page.

They have been adding to the nest, and could lay the first egg anytime from early December to early January. If you have additional observations, you can report them directly on the FORUM in the section for Current 2010-2011 Season observations.

Thanks for the report!

Ken Schneider

Re: November 24, 2010 Report of observation

Kathy
I too saw one of the eagles perched in the melaluca trees yesterday at 9:30 am

Keep smiling so that others will wonder what you are smiling about

On Nov 24, 2010, at 4:02 PM, "NewMexiKen [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Web site: http://rosyfinch.com
Blog: http://blog.rosyfinch.com

View message @ http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/November-24-2010-Report-of-observation-tp5772049p5772049.html
To start a new topic under CURRENT 2010-2011 SEASON DAILY NEST OBSERVATIONS & PHOTOS, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from CURRENT 2010-2011 SEASON DAILY NEST OBSERVATIONS & PHOTOS, click here.
live your life don't watch it go by . . .