November 25 afternoon

Jill W
Stopped by the nest area at around 1:15 and there were no eagles in sight around the area.  Checked out the melaleuka trees and nothing.  Went to lunch at Amazing (in the shopping plaza behind McDonalds) and returned to the nest area.  One adult was on the nest and we could see her/his whole body.  I think that was about 2:45.  By the time I ran to the car for the camera and tripod, the eagle was not in sight.  I wonder if the nest is deeper this year so an eagle can get down in it low enough that the head cannot even bee seen.

Again, no eagle could been seen in the melaleuka trees.

Jill

Re: November 25 afternoon

Trisha
I had that same thought about the nest height, Jill. It looks to me like more fresh sticks were added to the street side....maybe even a new foot higher. If the floor of the nest wasn't raised.....then they may be down lower! A nest cam is so needed and would be extremely educational!

Re: November 25 afternoon

Jill, the behavior did change between your observation and ours on NOV 29, when an adult was deep in the nest for a prolonged period. Hard to say when they started to lay eggs, but I believe incubation is underway. Thanks for your observation and hope to see you at the nest site.