OCT 2 2019: Quiet Waters Nest relocated

New user JB wrote (OCT 2 2019):

I observed the eagles back in December. I went back yesterday to Quiet Waters and discovered the eagles had relocated their nest.

Re: OCT 2 2019: Quiet Waters Nest relocated

Stephanie5056

On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 4:57 AM NewMexiKen [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida] <[hidden email]> wrote:
New user JB wrote (OCT 2 2019):

I observed the eagles back in December. I went back yesterday to Quiet Waters and discovered the eagles had relocated their nest.

Hi where is it?  Ive been looking as i drive bu

Thank you

Stephanie

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/OCT-2-2019-Quiet-Waters-Nest-relocated-tp7575340.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida, click here.
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: OCT 2 2019: Quiet Waters Nest relocated

Rockitglider
So is anyone going to answer where it is located? Thanks

Kit

Re: OCT 2 2019: Quiet Waters Nest relocated

Rockitglider
Well,

I rode the entire Bike trail at Quiet Waters this evening and didn't see anything that looked like an eagles nest, so it must not be in the park. I guess I'll have to keep looking for it. I'm not sure why no one will answer Stephanie's request of where the new location is, maybe they just don't know where it is, and I'm not trying to say anything bad about anyone, but I have never kept any information from anyone in these forums because I believe that these are Gods creatures and if anyone wants to see them who am I to keep them from it, I have never seen a Bald Eagle in my whole lifetime until this group of eagles came into my life and I have been enjoying it ever since and I hope that anyone else that wants to experience the sight of this great bird that they will be able to, so I share everything about these eagles that I can. I first saw them soaring above the garbage dump hill with the vultures when I was flying remote control gliders up on the Trash hill on Green Road and I thought what the hell is a Bald Eagle doing in Florida, so I started researching it and found out that there are 2 states in the USA that have more bald Eagles nests than any other state and it's Alaska and Florida, I thought that was incredible! So I found this web site (Bald Eagles of Broward) and I started going to Quiet Waters park with my mountain bike and my camera looking for the nest and I found it, I have been flowing them ever since that first encounter, and it has changed my life. Lets hope that this pair of eagles has a successful nesting season, and hopefully more that one chick this year. I will report to you as soon as I find out where they are building their nest.

Sincerely, Kit

Re: OCT 2 2019: Quiet Waters Nest relocated

naturegirl
I live right near there so the nest has been seen but not in the same tree as past 4 years ?  Still in the park ?

Thx Kit for the update. I think you said you saw the pair last month so maybe they are building a nest closer to their old nest across the trail from years ago ? I can't think of a place within a few miles they would nest it's so noisy and developed.  Staci-lee

To unsubscribe from QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, click here.

To unsubscribe from Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida, click here.

Re: OCT 2 2019: Quiet Waters Nest relocated

Sally
It sounds like the original poster has not been active in observing the nest since December and has just realized that the nest is gone.

In my opinion it seems that the original poster did not discover the new location.

Sally

Re: OCT 2 2019: Quiet Waters Nest relocated

Rockitglider
Hi Sally,

I don't see any posts from a "JB" at all, Ken was the original poster and I'm not sure why. I guess no one knows where the new location is. Thanks,

Kit

Re: OCT 2 2019: Quiet Waters Nest relocated

I agree that "JB" probably meant that he did not find the nest in the same place as last he saw it and assumed it had been relocated somewhere else as had happened in the past. We should be alert to any evidence that the pair is starting a new nest in the same general territory if they find a suitable nest tree.

Re: OCT 2 2019: Quiet Waters Nest relocated

Rockitglider
I was there a couple of weeks ago and the female was there, but I haven't seen the other one in months, and this one looked pretty rough. I've been there late in the evening and early in the morning over the weekends and I don't hear their calls like I used to. I will keep checking for them and post if I see them.

Kit

To unsubscribe from QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, click here.

Re: OCT 2 2019: Quiet Waters Nest relocated

Stephanie5056
I miss seeing them on my way to work everyday😞

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 14, 2019, at 8:18 PM, Stylechick60 [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida] <[hidden email]> wrote:

 Praying they are ok ❤️❤️❤️❤️🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 14, 2019, at 3:07 PM, Rockitglider [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida] <[hidden email]> wrote:

 I was there a couple of weeks ago and the female was there, but I haven't seen the other one in months, and this one looked pretty rough. I've been there late in the evening and early in the morning over the weekends and I don't hear their calls like I used to. I will keep checking for them and post if I see them.

Kit

To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, click here.
NAML

To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida, click here.

Re: OCT 2 2019: Quiet Waters Nest relocated

Rockitglider
Here's a pic of where the nest used to be and it looks like they put a branch there, I'll check later this evening to see if they added anymore sticks.

Kit

To unsubscribe from QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, click here.

Re: OCT 2 2019: Quiet Waters Nest relocated

Rockitglider
not really,

I went there at lunch time and it was gone, I looked all over the place and don't see any sign of them, we'll have to wait and see.

Kit