Observation Dec 2nd 2013

Liza
I went to the nest around 11:00 am ,. to find Joy on the Melaleuca trees. No sign of Pride . around 11:40 she flew towards the nest where Pride joined her almost immediately with food. I did not see what he brought her but obviously is was a bird as she did quite a bit of plucking . He didn't hang out much as he flew towards the trees on the East side of the nest and stayed there until she finished her food . She then decided to head back to the Melaleuca trees which then Pride decided to join her as well and they hung out and were still there until I left which was around 12:30pm . On a side note, I went early Sunday morning and stayed until around 11:00am and no sign of either on of them.  I did return around one to find both again in the Melaleuca trees. Pride flew off every now and then but returned , at one point both flew to the nest and stayed for a short period of time and they both flew back to the West trees again . I left around 4:30 , my husband checked on them again around 6:00 pm and they were still there .
First image of Joy taken at 11:18 ,

Joy flying towards the nest

Pride joining Joy at nest

Joy enjoying her food

Pride over on the East trees

Joy totally satisfied
Liza

Re: Observation Dec 2nd 2013

Wonderful images, Liza!!!

Re: Observation Dec 2nd 2013

Liza
Thanks Ken ! Looking at these photos over again and they have me confused ,  would it be the Male eating and not Joy ?
Liza

Re: Observation Dec 2nd 2013

Liza, it is difficult to be sure because the feathers of the crown can be raised and flattened, but the very low forehead suggests it is the male. Only my impression.

Re: Observation Dec 2nd 2013

Liza
I agree Ken, I took a better look at other shots and the head shows the slight bruise . Here's another shot I took after they went back to the trees. This is the one that ate ,. and the one I believe might be the male ,.

The one to the right was the one eating,.
Liza