Our Eagles Yesterday 10/14/21

Rockitglider
Here's a couple of shots of the adults near the nest tree.

Re: Our Eagles Yesterday 10/14/21

naturegirl
wow getting near that time Are they using the same tree as last year ? Hope they have a more sturdy nest this time is anything left from last year ?

Re: Our Eagles Yesterday 10/14/21

Yes they are using the same nest which faied last year causing both eaglets to fall to ground

Re: Our Eagles Yesterday 10/14/21

Rockitglider
Hi Ken,

Are you talking about the Pembroke nest? Deerfield hasn't started a nest yet as far as I know. Or have you seen a new nest being built?

Re: Our Eagles Yesterday 10/14/21

Sorry— I was referring to the Pembroke Pines nest.

Re: Our Eagles Yesterday 10/14/21

Burningdaylight
I went to see the eagles at QUIET WATERS yesterday. I saw both eagles but did not see a nest.  Are they in the same tree?  I went again this morning but did not see them.

Re: Our Eagles Yesterday 10/14/21

Rockitglider
I saw them today this evening and no they haven't built a nest yet. They will, I'm not worried as long as both of them keep showing up I'm good. Last year they built it while the female was sitting on eggs lol. One day, no nest and a day later a nest started. I do wish they wouldn't cut it so close.

Re: Our Eagles Yesterday 10/14/21

mitcha
I was at the nest tree saw both of them-Male seem to fly in with nest material-looks like is being built on back side of the tree

Re: Our Eagles Yesterday 10/14/21

Rockitglider
Hi Mitch,

I saw that too, but it was higher than the original, but it still didn't look like much, what time of day was that? I can ride my bike in and get behind the trees to check it out, as the bike trail is open now on that side and I just renewed my bike pass for the year.

KIT