PP Female deep in nest DEC 4th & 7th-- eggs probably present

PP Female deep in nest DEC 4th & 7th-- eggs probably present

Phil has been checking the nest daily and said that the female remained deep in the nest for an extended period, the first time during his observations, on Tuesday, DEC 4th. This may signal that the first egg has been laid. We watched today (DEC 7th) and only saw the top of her head except for once when she stood up and turned around 180 degrees from facing right (west ) to left (east). I watched from about 9:10 until 9:40 AM today. I had stopped by on NOV 30, watched for about 1/2 hour between 9:00 and 9:45 AM and found no activity although I could not entirely rule out that an adult might be on the nest, as the rim, especially the left (east) side has been built up quite high.

Re: PP Female deep in nest DEC 4th & 7th-- eggs probably present

Sally
Thanks for the good news Ken.
Happiest of holiday season to everyone.  Sally