Pair roosting together much of this morning

Pair roosting together much of this morning

We arrived around 8 AM this morning, to find both male ("Brown-tip") and female roosting near each other in the dead melaleucas west of the nest. Al joined us and stayed on after we left a little after 9AM. Steve called us about 11:00 AM to report that both birds were still roosting in the same area. No attempts at copulation were noted.

We can assume that they have not laid any eggs yet. Last year there was always one adult incubating after the first egg was laid (December 13th).

The male (lower left)  is noticeably smaller. They are both about the same distance from the camera:

Here is the male eagle-- note the brown tip on the right outer tail feather:

The female's feathers are fluffed up, making her appear even larger:

Brown-tip appears to be screaming at us in this shot:

Had to share this photo of a Tricolored Heron that we saw in the soccer field nature preserve at 296th Avenue and Pines on the way home:

More photos on my FLICKR pages, HERE