SAW ALL THREE WEDNESDAY

Jay and Mar
Jay & I saw all three yesterday.  We arrived at the nest about 10:30 and only saw one chick
in the nest.  About three minutes later, an adult flew in from the west and landed on the bare
branch above the nest, where it remained preening for the duration of our visit.
With her arrival, we saw movement in the pine tree between the nest and the bare branch.
It was chick #2, who was very hard to see behind all those branches.
About five minutes later, the oldest chick flew in from the east and made a perfect landing
on the left side of the nest.  He then branched up to the left and just sat.
The only other activity was the two younger chicks exercising their wings for a short time.
We left about 11:00.

Re: SAW ALL THREE WEDNESDAY

Carolyn J
Aren't they beautiful flying? And a perfect landing? Not bad for such a novice!

Re: SAW ALL THREE WEDNESDAY

Wonderful reporting of your observations!!!!!!