SEPT 18:Both adults over west Miramar

The adult male (Pride) flew over the wetlands of west Miramar at 7:09 AM, just one minute after sunrise. The female (Joy) followed 3 minutes later. They followed the same route as usual, from the nest area towards Sunset Lakes in Miramar. Jewel did pass by much closer, nearly overhead.

We need to watch for signs of nest restoration and/or courtship in the coming days. I have made spot checks during daytime over the past two weeks but never saw any eagles in the nest area.

I will not be able to visit the nest until late October, so please post any observations while I am away.

Pride at 7:09 AM:

Joy at 7:12 AM:

A bit earlier, at 6:54 AM I got a poor shot of a Merlin roosting along the unpaved portion of Miramar Parkway. (Hand-held camera without flash). EXIF data under photo, which I processed by layering 3 exposures of the single RAW image:

Camera Model        Canon EOS 60D
Shooting Mode        Aperture-Priority AE
Tv(Shutter Speed) 1/40
Av(Aperture Value) 4.0
Metering Mode        Spot Metering
Exposure Compensation +2/3