Sat. 4/10/10

Carolyn J
Al was there when I arrived about noon. From what we could see, all 3 looked ok. The apparent oldest chick hogged the left edge of the nest most of the time. The middle chick finally got that spot for a short time, while the older one seemed to yell at him to move. An adult quickly dropped something at around 12:15 and the one on the far right seemed to do the most eating. As Al pointed out, there don't seem to be the feeding frenzies of last year. Maybe there's an abundance left in the nest? The older one did get back to the favored far left, doing so by helicoptering over the middle one. Went up a couple jumps on that big, thick angled branch on the left. The parent hung out on the favored tree to the left of the nest, then left quietly when I wasn't looking.