Sat 5/9/09 7:15-8:15PM

Carolyn J
The parents were both back in the dead trees when I arrived. Omar was shooting pix. Showed him where the new eve perch is to the east of the nest (thanks to Trisha), and he was the first to see a kid fly to it tonight. Randy & Melissa were also there at that time; Randy thinks it was Hope, and I have to agree now (wasn't sure at first), as I saw the other kid in the dead trees when I left, and it looked more like Justice. Oh, Randy, I did see some white on the chest after you guys had left. Both kids had been by the new perch, but apparently Justice got more fed up with the attacks of the little guys, hence ending up in the dead trees. I hoped to see him fly back to the eve perch before I left, but no such luck!

Re: Sat 5/9/09 7:15-8:15PM

Jill W
I'm so glad you guys got to see something, Carolyn.  I was there from 5:25 until 6:40 and did not see any eagles at all.  Figures they would show up after I left.
Jill

Re: Sat 5/9/09 7:15-8:15PM

omarlyn
Yes Carolyn!...there was quite the 'flurry' of activity late in the day.  I took a series showing one juvenile literally kicking it's sibling off a branch.  It was so late in the day (and dark) that the exposures need a little PhotoShop help...once I get them 'cleaned-up', I'll post them.

Omar

Re: Sat 5/9/09 7:15-8:15PM

Randy
Melissa and I have enjoyed meeting everyone at the nest site.  This is a few shots with Picasa's help.

Re: Sat 5/9/09 7:15-8:15PM

Trisha
Great shots Randy! My son has been trying to teach me all day how to get my pictures into Photoshop and get them cropped and then downsized so that I can post them on the forum. He finally gave up and declared me hopeless! It was really funny...he's going to make me a cheat sheet so hopefully every single step I have to take will be there with a picture. He laughed and said it was a good thing it was Mother's Day, or his patience would have run out much sooner.

I hope to see you all soon...and you're right ...meeting such great people through the nest has been such an added pleasure!