Sat eve - an empty nest?

Kelly Smith
I stopped by the nest around 7PM and was able to see one eaglet perched above the nest, but mostly hidden by leaves.  I could not see any other eaglets in or around the nest so I walked to see if an adult was perched on the dead trees to the west of the nest (they wasn't any found). As I returned to the nest I spotted an eaglet flying off to one of the pines along the east edge of the forest- the landing was fairly adept.  I discovered that the eaglet above the nest had left.  I found it impossible to find the eaglet that I had just seen landing in the trees to the west of the nest, which makes me realize that it is very difficult to spot them when they are perched on the surrounding trees.  As for the nest, I stayed another 15 minutes and did not see any sign of the nest being occupied.