Sat evening, 24 Apr 2010, 2 eaglets at nest

Sat evening, 24 Apr 2010, 2 eaglets at nest

Trisha
I went back to the nest and watched from 6-8 pm. One eaglet was in the nest and the other perched a short distance above. No feedings or adults sighted in the area. During the second hour the eaglets were taking turns flying off the nest and making large circles out over our heads and then landing back on the nest. Occasionally there would be an aborted landing in the nest tree or another tall pine. They are flying quite well but need practice landing. It was beautiful to watch, but somewhat tempered as I had hoped that the 3rd eaglet would show up or at least be heard calling. Hopefully tomorrow that will happen.