Sat9-10am30Mar2013....One adult in Malaleucas

Sat9-10am30Mar2013....One adult in Malaleucas

trisha
Wow....how exciting to read that yesterday the eaglet was seen!  Can't wait to see a pic!  This morning there was no activity at the nest at all.  One adult was perched in the Malaleucas so I listened and watched it closely for the whole hour. I heard no calling at all....but it kept looking around in a wary manner....not casually as I often see. It spent a good deal of the time looking down....cocking its head, which made me wonder if the eaglet was around, below it.  Now that I read the eaglet was seen yesterday....the behavior I watched makes even more sense.

Re: Sat9-10am30Mar2013....One adult in Malaleucas

tomsease

I'm wondering if there is a perch somewhere a little below the nest that we can't see for all the intervening trees.  Just before the eaglet appeared yesterday I saw one of the adults fly towards the nest but he/she went somewhere slightly below & behind the nest where I couldn't see it.  It was shortly after that adult flew in that we saw the eaglet flying overhead.