Saturday 01-19-2013 around 4:00pm to 5:15pm

Saturday 01-19-2013 around 4:00pm to 5:15pm

Mike Fossler
I arrived around 4:00pm and there were several watchers and photographers there. They had told me the eagle partner had just dropped off a fish. The feeding happened just before I got there so the eaglet(s) was low in the nest resting. I stayed for over an hour when the adult in the nest began to tear at the fish again and started feeding. At no time did I see more than one eaglet at a time.
The photos below suggests there may be at least two eaglets? Most of the feeding took place low in the nest on the east side (photo left.) The photos below were taken one right after the other in less than a minutes time. They clearly show feeding an eaglet on the left side of the nest, then something appears in the middle part of the nest!?

Re: Saturday 01-19-2013 around 4:00pm to 5:15pm

There could be a second eaglet, as they have in past years first appeared consecutively 23, 18 and 7 days after presumed hatch date of the first chick. I sometimes found it difficult to guess whether the parent was tearing at prey or feeding an unseen eaglet. I think this game is more fun than having a nest cam that leaves nothing to the imagination!