Saturday 1-22-11, 1:00pm to 2:15pm

Mike Fossler
When I arrived a roosting Eagle at the west trees flew off, soared on the thermals high above then disappeared to the west. I moved to the nest area and saw the Eagle on watch constantly standing and looking down over the nest. Also during that time, it grabbed some stockpiled grass from the west side of the nest and distributed it around within the nest. Alex and Phil were there when I had first arrived and mentioned they saw the Eagles flying with new grass material to the nest.

Below are photos showing: several of the typical poses of the Eagle looking over the nest; one of the Eagle arranging the grass; and two of the Eagle pulling at and tearing at the dead bird which has been stuck on the front of the nest for several weeks now.

Re: Saturday 1-22-11, 1:00pm to 2:15pm

EagleObserver
Nice pics Mike, great color!  Looks like we just missed each other today.  Hope all goes well.  Jim