Saturday 1/23/16 10:45AM Both Eagles at the nest

Saturday 1/23/16 10:45AM Both Eagles at the nest

LuisEagles
I saw one eating while the other one was at the left side of the nest, then they move sticks around the nest. After a while the male flew out and came back right away. Today was very windy for taking pictures, so I just took a few to show it to all of you.Eating time
Work time
Care time
Flying time

Re: Saturday 1/23/16 10:45AM Both Eagles at the nest

It is such a relief to see both adults at the nest. I believe that we simply failed to see the incubating adult, not only because she was using the rear portion of the nest, but also sat very close because of the cold and rain. We need to keep a close eye on feeding activity, as they definitely had one eaglet on JAN 17. Since it is likely there was more than a single egg, others would be expected to hatch over the following several days.

My concern is: What happened to the first eaglet? We need to watch closely, as feeding may also be occurring out of sight behind the tree trunk or the fallen branch which obstructs the right side of the nest. Given the loss of eaglets at other nests during the storms, the more eyes on this nest the better for monitoring their welfare.