Saturday, 20 Feb 2010, 2pm-3pm

An adult was feeding on the nest when I arrived. Two of the eaglets were to the left of the adult and the 3rd was to the right. The 2 were definitely grabbing at the beak of the adult while the 1 to the right was watching. Occasionally the adult appeared to turn around and give something to the single eaglet. The adult flew off after about 10 minutes to preen in the favored Pine east of the nest. The large eaglet was high in the left of the nest, looking out as the other 2 were scrounging around, for I assume, scraps in the nest.

After about 10 minutes of preening the adult flew back towards the nest and the other adult came from the south and they flew around for a few seconds through the trees. Finally 1 adult flew south and the other perched above the nest. The action was so fast I really lost track of which adult was which. I'll look at the pictures closer and try to determine.

The 3 eaglets are visible in the photo.....sorry about the quality (need more lens)

I checked my photos and the feeding adult was the male. He flew to preen in the pine and then after the 2 adults were flying around together he was the adult that flew and perched above the nest. It was the female's turn to go catch the next meal, I assume.

Re: Saturday, 20 Feb 2010, 2pm-3pm

Randy
Great photo for confirmation that the three are still there and looking good. :)
Thanks,
Randy