Saturday NOV 30 -- male worked on nest in morning

Saturday NOV 30 -- male worked on nest in morning

Arrived at nest about 9:45 AM this morning and stayed about an hour. Three other photographers had already been there for up to 3/4 hour and had seen no action at the nest. Within minutes the male flew in and began arranging sticks and palm fronds in the nest. I ID'd it as the male because it appeared slim and tapered, and also appeared to have a very low forehead. Yet I think I could see the evidence of the recent head injury which I think we agreed was suffered by the female (?).

Notice the mark in the feathers of this bird's head. Do they look the same shape as the injury that occurred earlier this month?

He continued this activity for about 15 minutes,then flew off to the east, stalling and acting as if ready to snap a branch from the top of the dead tree near the SW corner of 208th Avenue, but he continued to fly to the west, gained altitude and then took a more northerly course until out of sight. No other eagles were present during this time.