Saw Adult Eagle and Eaglet today (4/21/16)

Saw Adult Eagle and Eaglet today (4/21/16)

tczig
I was at the nest today at noon.  One parent was on a branch right about the nest on the right side; I couldn't get a clear photo of her.  One eaglet was in the center of the nest and poked his head up.  Then, on the left side, I also saw an eaglet - but, I am not sure if it was the same one or a different one.

I am posting my photos.

Julie

Re: Saw Adult Eagle and Eaglet today (4/21/16)

Thanks for posting the photos! So far only one person has been able to photograph both eaglets since the events which led to the conclusion that one of them had been killed. I am unable to visit the nest site but hope that it will be kept under close observation.

All, please post sightings whether or not you are able to obtain a photo, as we continue to be concerned about their welfare.

Re: Saw Adult Eagle and Eaglet today (4/21/16)

tczig
Hi Ken!!  Yes, I'm glad I got to see the eaglet(s) poke his head up.  My zoom isn't good enough to determine if it was 1 that moved to the other side of the nest, or was both eaglets.  There were 2 women there with elaborate cameras that had been there a while.  I asked them if they were a member of your forum, but one wasn't and the other one said that she was the first one to get a photo of this new eaglet, so I was hoping that she would post some of her photographs; they were there longer than me.  They really knew alot about the nest, as well as the one in Ft. Myers.

Anyway, I will absolutely report anything when I am at the nest.  This is the first time I have been this season, but I have been a regular since 2009.  I miss your amazing photographs - hope you are well.

Julie