Still need help with observations

Kelly Smith
Our incoming observational checklists have slowed down considerably.  We would really appreciate any of the public that could assist us in collecting our data.  The students will be analyzing the data soon, but we don't have a lot of data from this most interesting part of the breeding cycle.  When the nesting season is over, we plan on sending our data to the Audubon's Eagle Watch program, where it will become a permanent record of the happenings at our Pembroke Pines nest.  You never know when this data will offer important information helpful in understanding the complicated interactions between these eagles and their environment.  Wouldn't you like to be a part of this important venture?  We encourage all of the public to become fellow "scientists" and help us with our study.  How often does an opportunity like this present itself?  The checklists are easy to access - just download a few copies to have in your car for when you are able to stop by the nest.  Then you can either drop them off to the school, or input them on this website when you get to a computer and email them to me.  I know that there must be people out there watching the eagles - why not write down what you see?  Thank you for all that you can do to help inspire the education of my students!