Sunday APR 13 4-5 PM all is well

Performed a welfare check on the Pembroke Pines eagle nest and watched for a little over an hour starting around 4:00 PM yesterday (Sunday APR 13) afternoon. No adults were in sight and the eaglets had both returned and were comfortably resting in the nest or on the adjacent branch.

Bald Eaglets 20140413

The eaglet that was on the branch flew down to the nest and flapped a bit and also called, so I hoped to see a food drop but it did not happen.

Bald Eaglets 2-20140413

The first eaglet then flew back up to the perch above the nest.

Bald Eaglets 3-20140413

The other eaglet that had been resting got up and flapped a bit.  I cannot distinguish this eaglet from the other. I suspect she has more white on her breast and is the oldest (Honor).

Bald Eaglets 6-20140413

I thought she might fly away, but she settled down again.

Bald Eaglets 7-20140413

Re: Sunday APR 13 4-5 PM all is well

tczig
Glad to see all is well and the eaglets seem to be thriving.  Another successful year for this pair of eagles.  Awesome!