Sunday afternoon 1:30pm to 2:30pm

Mike Fossler
I had a chance to go by the nest this afternoon after taking some time off. It was good to see longtime nest observer Smith and new observer David.

When I arrived, one of the pair was on the nest (I suspect the female based on Ken's description of a heavier build/beak) and the other appeared almost immediately with a food drop. I could not discern what was the prey. After some tearing and feeding(?), the pair traded places and the female flew off to the dead tree strand to the west. It appeared to roost on the same single trunk tree which Ken photographed yesterday (very close to the front - closer than previous years.)

Below are various photos of the day. I looked carefully thru all the photos I took to see if any little fuzzy heads were showing, but none were visible.

Re: Sunday afternoon 1:30pm to 2:30pm

Sharp images, Mike! You really found a great angle on that nest. I'll have to look for your spot!

Re: Sunday afternoon 1:30pm to 2:30pm

Mike Fossler
A little further east, in a place where there was no vantage in the past (south side of the road.) MF