Sure Mother Nature is Beautiful!

MyEagle13
I pass by the nest around noon no eagles around but i find this little fellow perching on one of the electricity cables thinking what to do for the rest of the day, don't know much about them but for sure is BEAUTIFUL dont you think!!

Myeagle13

Re: Sure Mother Nature is Beautiful!

KellyHeffernan Proj Perch
Looks like a juvenile Cooper's Hawk.  Ken will correct me if I've got it
wrong.  A really amazing flyer that sustains a lot of injuries as it
chases small prey through the brush.  A beautiful hawk that is doing well
these days and could be hunting small prey from up there.

Kelly Heffernan
SFAS's Project Perch
(978) 412-5313

Its short tail, rotund body and round head are characteristics of an immature Red-shouldered Hawk. The Broad-winged Hawk can be very similar and I often cannot be sure which is which. I will go with Red-shouldered as they are quite common around the nest. Nice shot!

Re: Sure Mother Nature is Beautiful!

KellyHeffernan Proj Perch
Bird ID is so hard without a book in front of you and a good knowledge of
who looks alike!  Unless you're Ken!

Kelly Heffernan
SFAS's Project Perch
(978) 412-5313