The new member of the family

LuisEagles
Here is the Baby Eaglet being fed 3/31/16.

Re: The new member of the family

Maria Rosa Drake
Thank you Luis!!! I'm so happy to see this!!!!

Re: The new member of the family

Lisa G
So Proud of Pride & Jewel :) They did not give up on having a Little one this season :)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Florida-Pine-Eagle-Nest-Inc/537121543002300

UPDATE !!!!    We are pleased to announce that we are now South Florida Pines Eagle Nest , Inc. a 501 C (3)  as of November 18, 2015 Public Charity Status 170 (b) (1) (A) (vi)  Employer Identification Number : 4-3116409 DLN: 26053716001635  . Donors can deduct contributions they make to us under IRC section 501 (c) (3)  If you have Donated in the last 27 months your Donation  is Tax Deductible ..

Thank you!! If anyone has questions please feel free send an email to ag2761@comcast.net

Re: The new member of the family

KellyHeffernan Proj Perch
It is so great to see when nature overcomes adversity.

Kelly Heffernan
SFAS's Project Perch
(978) 412-5313

> Here is the Baby Eaglet being fed 3/31/16.
> <http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/file/n7574440/Baby_Eaglet.jpg>

Re: The new member of the family

LuiFalcon
You did it Lou, your perseverance got you the million dollar picture (hypothetic million dollars)! Great picture!!!Lou F

Re: The new member of the family

Great news! I am back in town and can't wait to see the baby (and maybe some siblings?).

An adult flew away from the nest area towards Sunset Lakes at 7:17 this morning, only about 2 milutes after sunrise. Must have been looking for baby food! I will post photos later, but I think it was Jewel. An Osprey which was roosting along the trail started calling and alerted me to the eagle's approach. The eagle flew by the Osprey and was taking a long look, but the Osprey did not have any prey.

Re: The new member of the family

Kathybaker
Good morning,  I was out at the nest yesterday and took some pictures that I'll post this evening, zooming in on some of the pictures there appears to be a 2nd eaglet smaller and younger, but there😊 So beautiful. Kathy

Thank you!! If anyone has questions please feel free send an email to ag2761@comcast.net

Re: The new member of the family

Liza
If only we would respect our Eagles and keep the distance required by law . This is the sight I came across on Sat . April 2nd . ,,  Whatever it takes to get the shot , right ? :(
A continuous issue we have .. Same person has been seen right up against the fence with it's tripod camped out .. The same person has been approached asking to keep distance several times.
In one ear out the other . Many here know who it is ...

Liza

Thank you!! If anyone has questions please feel free send an email to ag2761@comcast.net

Thank you!! If anyone has questions please feel free send an email to ag2761@comcast.net

Re: The new member of the family

In regard to the rule which prohibits activities within 330 feet of the nest during breeding season, there is an exception for "existing disturbances," such as the vehicle and pedestrian traffic along Pines Boulevard and (arguably) the grass which is regularly mowed along the side of the roadway, the power lines which may require repair and maintenance, as well as the sidewalk that runs along the fence. The latter was installed for the safety of students who formerly walked to the bus stop along the shoulder of the road.

If people congregate or loiter in front of the nest this adds to the "existing" disturbance and certainly should be discouraged. Also, the May 15 date for the conclusion of the breeding season becomes irrelevant in the event of a second brood. If successful, the eaglets could be present for an additional month or two.

Most important is that nest watchers abide by the spirit of the regulations rather than force others to remain 330 feet away, which would prohibit them from viewing even on the opposite side of the highway-- as far away as the corner of Pines & 209th Avenue, out of sight of the nest.

The last thing any of us want is for the police department or the City to be besieged with complaints, as the easy solution for them would be to simply prohibit any watchers to view the nest, or make them park in the Post Office  parking lot two blocks away