This afternoon 4:30-7:30- WOW!!!

Jill W
This made up for all the hours and hours of watching nothing but two invisible chicks sleeping on a nest.

It seemed the eagles were having two "Homecoming" and "Thank Goodness for Better Weather"  BIG parties rolled into one.

Most of the time, all four eagles were visible.  Lots of times, one adult would be in the nest with the two chicks and the other in the favorite pine tree to the east.  And, there was food and lots of it!  I couldn't believe how much they all ate.

At least twice, the adults were together in the east pine tree.  Of course, the photographers were very excited.

One of the chicks went flying for a little bit, and when it returned, it didn't quite make it to the nest.  It was about two or three feet above the nest.

It was there for quite a while and still there when I left at 7:35.  I felt confident it would make it down without a problem.

Re: This afternoon 4:30-7:30- WOW!!!

Trisha
great post Jill....I'm so glad you finally got one of those action packed nest watches! In the morning Hope made it back to the nest from the same branch...kind of a flutter/flop into the center nest. They ate all morning also....I guess this new flying stuff really burns the calories.

I love the pic also....in the morning Hope was in the same position and Justice was up on the branch right under Hope such that they looked like an eagle totem pole!

Re: This afternoon 4:30-7:30- WOW!!!

omarlyn
You're right Jill,  it was "WOW" time Thursday afternoon!  As you stated, it really did feel like the whole Eagle family was celebrating & having a big party!

Omar

Re: This afternoon 4:30-7:30- WOW!!!

Jill W
Thanks, Trisha!