Thursday, March 03, 11:15am - 12:40pm

Ed Mattis
When I arrived there was no adult in the nest and one adult on the  melaleucas. I observed the adult on the  melaleucas till it left at 11:53am flying south. I went back to the nest where the other adult was feeding the chicks. Shortly after noon the adult left for the  melaleucas. The chicks stayed active and all three appeared to be feeding on their own. Even the smallest chick spent time flapping it's wings. I left at 12:30pm with no adults in the nest.Take offTake off2FeedingFlapping

Re: Thursday, March 03, 11:15am - 12:40pm

Beautiful in-flight shot, Ed!

They are growing rapidly. I wonder if the second chick is growing faster than the oldest one, as they appeared about the same size the last time I saw all three together. If so, the first may be male and the second may be the female and would be expected to be the largest of the three when fledged.