Tuesday, April 10 -- Adult seen flying from nest area

Tuesday, April 10 -- Adult seen flying from nest area

At 7:15 this morning, Mary Lou and I were walking in the wetlands SE of the eagle nest when we saw an adult Bald Eagle flying from the nest area towards the large lake in Sunset Lakes. Before the eggs were laid, we sometimes saw both eagles following this route, and the sighting of single birds, just after sunrise, continued a dozen times or more. This is the first time we have seen this since the eaglet went missing. The adult may have spent the night in a roost near the nest tree.