Tuesday, December 29 - no eagles in sight

Tuesday, December 29 - no eagles in sight

I stopped by the nest around 3:00 PM and observed for about 30 minutes. Had a good view of the nest, but could not see the incubating adult (which I presumed was on the nest, hidden from view). No other eagles were present. Took photos in hopes that I might see evidence of a bird on the nest, but they showed nothing.

I think that either the front of the nest is higher this year than last, or the nest cup is located more to the rear of the platform, or both.

Sure hope all is well with the eagles after four near-freezing weather events. Let's keep an eye out for them.  There should be exchanges of incubation duties several times a day.