Tuesday MAR 25 - Second eaglet (Glory) Helicoptered!

Tuesday MAR 25 - Second eaglet (Glory) Helicoptered!

Made a welfare check this morning on the eaglets, which may be ready to fly within a week. Arrived at 12:30 PM and watched for an hour. Parents were never present. The older eaglet (Honor) was standing high at first.

Then, Glory popped up and started jumping and helicoptering. this was the first time for the younger eaglet. So far neither eaglet has been reported branching.

Please check out the welfare of the eaglets whenever you get a chance. We would like to know when they embark on their first flights, and also be aware if they get into any trouble, as this is a very critical time for them. Eaglets have a high probability of injury or death at this time, so if one gets grounded we will need to know.

Re: Tuesday MAR 25 - Second eaglet (Glory) Helicoptered!

KellyHeffernan Proj Perch
Ken -

What great action shots of Glory helicoptering.  We wish the eaglets safe
passage as they learn to soar!

Regards - Kelly

Kelly Heffernan
SFAS's Project Perch