Two adults!

Jill W
This post was updated on .
I got goose bumps when I saw two adults today.  When I arrived at the nest area at noon, there was one on the nest.  At 12:10, one flew over my head.  I quickly checked out the one on the nest to make sure the one that flew was not the one on the nest.  It wasn't, so I can say that there are two adult eagles in the area.

I left for a few minutes and when I came back at 12:44, both adults were standing side by side on the nest.  Wow, what a wonderful sight that was!!  Sorry, no pictures again.  I could get a good view only when the wind blew from the east and moved over those trees in front of the nest.
A few things I want to mention is that I didn't see a sign prohibiting pedestrians on the south side of the road.  As I stood next to the END OF SCHOOL ZONE sign, at least 4 times, a PP policeman drove right by me and didn't stop.  Twice a sheriff car went by and did not stop.

Also, while I was standing by the sign, my toes were attacked by red ants.  Ouch!

The eagles look like they've just been to the barber and beauty shop.  Not a feather out of place and they just have a very healthy look about them.

Oh, and I never saw the bird with the white tail feathers and dark head.

Jill

Re: Two adults!

Kathy
That is great news!  Too bad we will not be able to see the eagles so well this year.  I wonder what happened to the plan to put an eagle cam near the nest?
live your life don't watch it go by . . .